Knoxville Summer League 2021
Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at Victor Ashe Park from May 19th to July 28th.
Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. at Victor Ashe Park from May 20th to July 22nd.
Registration for Wednesday and Thursday night is now open!
Registration is CLOSED for male players in Wednesday night's league.
Inaugural Maryville-Alcoa LeagueMay 11, 2021
Knoxville Ultimate is proud to present the inaugural Maryville-Alcoa Summer League!
Sundays at 6 p.m. at Vulcan Fields from May 30th to August 1st.
If you're interested in playing, REGISTER HERE!
NOTE: Players may sign up for the Alcoa-Maryville league as well as one Knoxville league.
2021 Summer League InfoMay 9, 2021
Knoxville Ultimate proudly presents the 2021 Summer League! Before registering, here are a few things to note:
- Cross-play between Knoxville leagues will not be allowed this year. However, players may sign up for both Knoxville and Maryville-Alcoa leagues.
- There are only 10 teams on Wednesday and 6 teams on Thursday.
- The leagues will run weekly at 6:30 p.m. from May 19th to July 28th.
- Tentative End of Season Tournament for Wednesday League on July 31st.
- Tentative End of Season Tournament for Thursday League on July 24th.
- The age limit has been raised to 16 in an effort to maximize the number of players who are eligible for the currently available COVID-19 vaccinations.
- A COVID-19 addendum has been added to the Player Code of Conduct for this season. By agreeing to the Player Code of Conduct, you are also agreeing to the COVID-19 rules and regulations set forth by the Knoxville Ultimate Board and the Summer League Commission. Violations of the COVID-19 rules will be treated as a violation of the Player Code of Conduct.
- As always, you must pay the fee in order for your registration to be final.
- Male Registration: $50
- Female Registration: $40
League UpdateMarch 9, 2021
The KU Board has been working over the last few months to monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation and to develop a timeline for a safe return to play. Throughout this process, the Board has been in frequent communication with local government officials, leadership in neighboring ultimate communities, and members of our own community to understand the myriad of factors that impact our ability to safely and responsibly return to the field.
There will be no Spring 4v4 League this year. While many of the other local sports leagues have opted to move forward with a spring season, the close-contact nature of ultimate makes it more difficult to maintain safe social distancing than in sports such as tennis or baseball. Limited social interaction and physical activity can negatively impact physical and mental health, so we encourage everyone to get outside and exercise as much as safely possible, and we encourage the development of individual ultimate skills with members of your household or within your "quarantine circle".
At this point in time, we do plan to host a Summer League. The exact size and format of the league will be contingent on a number factors including local and state guidelines, the widespread availability of COVID-19 vaccines in our community, and USA Ultimate Return to Play Guidance which is developed with input from healthcare professionals. This year’s Summer League will inevitably look different than in years past as we seek to minimize risk to all of our participants. More information about Summer League format and registration will be released in the coming weeks.
In order to speed up our return to ultimate, we encourage everyone to follow all CDC guidelines regarding social distancing, mask-wearing, and handwashing in order to slow the spread of COVID-19. We also encourage everyone to get vaccinated for COVID-19 as soon as you are eligible according to TN State Guidelines.
It has been a difficult year for everyone in our community and we are working hard to bring back the fun competition and camaraderie of ultimate as soon as safely possible. We appreciate everyone’s efforts to keep each other safe and look out for each other and we look forward to seeing you all on the field soon.
If you have questions or concerns about KU’s COVID-19 policy or if you have ideas about how to help us facilitate a safe return to play, feel free to reach out to a member of the Knoxville Ultimate Board.
The Knoxville Ultimate Board of Directors